Exclusive Quote on World Earth Day – For Smart Water & Waste World:
“This Earth day, we focus on protecting all endangered species. As we speak, many species are disappearing from the Earth due to many factors mostly man made. Man-animal conflicts are on the rise and with rapid urbanization and the impact of climate change, it is all the more relevant that we do something to save the diversity of this planet. We, at Grundfos, understand water best. It is the basis for all life as without water, there is no life. Accessibility to water of the right quality, at the right place, at the right time and in the right quantity is becoming a global challenge. Grundfos is determined to help solve the global water challenges and provide solutions to address these issues wherever and whenever we can. We will also collaborate with partners around the world to ensure better water access to all sentient beings.”
– Ranganath NK
Grundfos India’s CSR Initiatives
Grundfos focuses on sustainability, energy & water conservation, health & hygiene, education, and livelihood. The company’s employees are also involved closely with some of these initiatives and volunteer their time and expertise to help the local communities.
Below are a few initiatives undertaken by Grundfos India:
- Restoration of Water Bodies: Grundfos India partnered with the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) in Chennai.
- Water Access: Grundfos India has been working with multiple NGOs like Hand in Hand India, Aid India, etc to bring water to thousands of people in Indian villages.
- Livelihood: Supporting a local NGO called V-Excel in the production of Tozhi – a low-cost sanitary napkin made by differently-abled students at V-Excel. This initiative is to generate livelihood for persons with special needs by selling a low-cost product to promote health and feminine hygiene. The project entails the production of sanitary pads from raw material to the finished product and packaging it in sterilized packets ready for distribution and sales. Grundfos together with V-Excel started promoting the sanitary napkins among the female students at Government Schools in Chennai. This project won the MCCI CSR Award 2018, for showcasing an impactful collaborative project between the corporate and Ngo in Tamil Nadu.
- Health & Hygiene: Aligning to India’s Swachh Bharat campaign, we are working with NGO’s such as Hand in Hand, to renovate/build toilets in government schools. Hygiene is the basis of everything and we take every effort to encourage personal hygiene and cleanliness among school children.
- Education: Funded Madhi NGO in Transformational Academic Program (TAP). TAP is aimed at addressing the systemic challenges inherent in government and low-fee private schools and devising meaningful solutions to help the students, teachers and school leaders overcome them.
© Smart Water & Waste World. Send us your editorial contributions at firstname.lastname@example.org