India: India’s leading water infrastructure development company, SPML Infra Limited has received a new bulk water supply project order (Isarda dam project to provide safe drinking water in Dausa and Sawai Madhopur districts) from the Public Health Engineering Department, Tonk, Rajasthan under the flagship scheme of Jal Jeevan Mission.
The ambitious Isarda Dam Project of Govt. of Rajasthan envisages providing safe drinking water facilities to almost 25 lac rural and urban populations that will benefit 1079 villages and 5 towns in Dausa and 177 villages and 1 town in Sawai Madhopur districts in Rajasthan. The order valued at INR 1157.08 crore (USD 151.6 million) is awarded to SPML Infra Limited, is the largest single order received by the companyto execute an important water supply project in Rajasthan.
The scope of work includes:
- 341 Kilometers of 150 mm–1900 mm dia MS & DI Raw Water and Clear Water Transmission Pipeline
- 225 MLD Water Treatment Plant (WTP) at Isarda, Dausa
- 2 Pumping Stations (including civil work, pumping machinery, related piping, electro-mechanical, instrumentation works), one at WTP and another at Bagri
- 2 Clear Water Reservoirs: 24.50 million liters at WTP and 21.50 Million Liters at Bagri
- Construction of 33 kV Power Substation at Intake Pumping Station
- Other civil works, office, residential buildings, crossing at national highways, railways, and petroleum/ gas pipelines, etc.
The work to be completed in 2 years’ time along with 1 year of defect liability period and 10 years of operation and maintenance post-commissioning.
Commenting on the new project order, Subhash Sethi, Chairman, SPML Infra said, “We are very delighted that our experience of executing several hundred water supply projects has helped us in winning this large project in Rajasthan. SPML has an excellent track record of executing water supply projects in the state and we are sure that the trust placed on us by our esteemed client will be fulfilled in an exemplary manner. We are fully committed to the cause of water and this project under the Jal Jeevan Mission will certainly help our client to provide clean drinking water to a large number of rural households in the state. It will be our endeavor to develop a robust and sustainable infrastructure for providing valuable water for drinking to realize the idea of ‘Har Ghar Jal” and making a good contribution towards the development of the state.”
SPML Infra is a leading infrastructure development company in India with over four decades of experience, it has executed more than 650 projects; be it provision of drinking water, improved sewerage facilities, better municipal waste management, and lighting up homes. SPML Infra provides drinking water facilities to more than 50 million Indian populations through various projects.
© Smart Water & Waste World. Send us your editorial contributions at email@example.com