breaking news E

This image is for representation purpose only (Photo Credit: Ton W/Pixabay)

India: VA Tech WABAG Limited, a leading pure-play water technology Indian multinational company, has secured a INR 1,187 crore worth order from Bihar Urban Infrastructure Development Corporation (BUIDCO) under the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) scheme to develop Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) of 150 MLD capacity along with sewerage network of over 450 km in the Digha and Kankarbagh zones of Patna, one of the most populous cities on the banks of river Ganga. This project comprises of a Design, Build and Operate (DBO) scope worth INR 940 crore and hybrid annuity scope worth around INR 247 crore.

In Digha, the scope comprises of designing and building a 100 MLD STP, interception and diversion work, two sewage pumping stations and survey, redesigning & building new sewerage network of about 300 km. In Kankarbagh, the scope comprises of designing and building a 50 MLD STP, flow diversion works and all appurtenant structures and survey, redesigning and building new sewerage network of about 150 km.

The construction of sewerage networks, which represents over 80% of the total contract, will be executed on a DBO basis and the remaining around 20% towards STPs will be implemented under HAM basis. WABAG will also be responsible for the operations and maintenance of the STPs and the sewerage infrastructure for a period of 15 years. The project will be implemented by BUIDCO with financial assistance from the World Bank under the NMCG.

Commenting on this major order win, Varadarajan S, Director & Chief Growth Officer, said “With this repeat order in Bihar, WABAG will now be responsible for sewerage infrastructure in 4 out of the 6 zones of Patna, thus testifying the trust reposed by NMCG and BUIDCO on WABAG. This project is an important step in realizing the vision of ensuring 100% sewage collection and treatment in Patna. WABAG is already executing projects for BUIDCO in Pahari and Karmalichak. All these projects, on completion, will ensure a cleaner and healthier ecosystem for over 50% of the population of Patna.”

WABAG provides solutions in the water engineering sector. It acts as a systems specialist and full-service provider with a focus on the planning, installation, and operation of drinking and wastewater plants for local government and industry in the growth markets of Asia, North Africa, Middle East, the Central and Eastern Europe states. The WABAG Group is a multinational player with a workforce of over 1,600 and has companies and offices in more than 20 countries. Since 1995, WABAG has completed over 900 water and wastewater plants worldwide.

© Smart Water & Waste World. Send us your editorial contributions at mayur@smartwww.in